Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Remembering Lily Girl A Year Later...


A year ago I picked up "Girl" as the Livingston Animal Shelter called her, but I gave her the name Lily Girl since she loved to stop and sniff my lilies on our walks.
I really feel she needed someone who understood her and had the time and patience for her.
So many times shelter dogs are given up on because no one wants to take the time to help them rehab.  We have rehabbed foster puppies who got adopted to great homes and then we have worked very closely with Timber and Ariel who were fosters for us and who adopted our hearts forever.
I still think of Lily Girl often and miss her sweetness she shared with me.
I know she has crossed the bridge a year ago in Maine and I am sure she is running free and happy.
 
Today, I took Ariel to an area garden center who had a pet expo with vendors.  I was looking at one of the vendors items and Ariel tugged on the leash and I turned to see what she was looking at and it looked like it could have been Lily Girl's sister.
It amazes how it seems a husky can recognize their own kind.
The same masked face and dark jet black fur on the back.  I got a picture of Ariel sniffing her face, but unfortunately Ariel blocked her face out of the picture and all you can see is the body of the dog.  I asked the owners how old she was and she was 16!  Amazing!
As my husband said it might have been a litter mate to Lily Girl, you never know.
It was just so ironic to see a dog that resembled Lily Girl the same weekend we did a transport for her a year ago.
Maybe it was Lily Girl's way of saying hi to us.
We love you Lily Girl!
We shall meet again someday.
love,
Holly and the huskies
(I will do another post this weekend and share the picture of Ariel and the dog that resembled Lily Girl-stay tuned)
 


2 comments:

  1. Aww wow! That is amazing!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily Girl is always watching over you and the crew. She truly was a special girl.

    ReplyDelete